Happy Monday! I hope you have the day off from work like I do. I was super ready for a 3-day weekend and better yet, I’m going to spend it with my best girlfriend! Follow me on Facebook and Instagram to see what goodies we find throughout the day! As I have the day off to rejuvenate, I figured I’d bring up one of the ways I rejuvenate during the day when I am at work. My take is that it all comes down to how you spend your lunch break!
Unless I have some errands to run or too much work to handle, I always go for a walk during my lunch break. The picture above was taken on Sunday – I went for a chilly walk first thing when I woke up! Don’t get caught up here – as I don’t bring my leggings and sneakers to work. I just leave the office for an easy walk, in whatever I’m wearing, to breathe in the fresh air and clear my ahead before 5 more hours of screen time. Sometimes I even carry my meal and find a nice spot to sit and eat!
October is especially a perfect month for walking during your lunch break! You definitely won’t sweat, you won’t be too chilly, and the scenery will be gorgeous!
Here are my reasons to hit the road during lunch!
- Move that body!
- Do you sit at a desk for 8+ hours a day? Your body is craving a walk. Sometimes my back actually feels sore from sitting so much during the day and even the shortest of walks makes me feel better.
- Breathe fresh air
- Do you have a window in your office? I sure hope so. I also hope you’re able to open it whenever you want. However, if you sit in a cube, you may not be able to do so. Heading outside gives you the chance to breathe in the fresh air and let it flow all throughout your whole body.
- Wake up
- Do you ever feel like a zombie after staring at your computer for hours? I sure do. Walking is a guaranteed wake up call for me. Movement, fresh air, sunshine, wind, and zero electronics for almost a full hour is exactly what I need mid-day.
- Do you ever feel “too busy” to exercise? Make it happen within this hour! Sure, you won’t get sweaty, but you’re still pumping blood and getting some cardio in.
- Stress less
- We all know what it feels like to be stressed at work… You may even convince yourself that working through lunch is your only option to get by on a given day. I’ve definitely done this before, but it never made me feel any more positive and it certainly didn’t help me think any clearer. Even if you only have 10 minutes to spare, hit the road! I promise you’ll feel fresh and ready to tackle an afternoon of projects.
CHEERS to a positive start to the week!
- How do you rejuvenate during the work day?
- Are you a fan of quick walks?