“There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other’s cooking & say it was good.” – Brian Andreas
What does the good life mean to you? What is the good life anyway?
We all woke up this morning in such comfy beds that we didn’t even want to get up, right? We went downstairs & brewed some delicious hot coffee that we could taste & smell. We either started our days working out, with bodies that powered us all the way through. Or took hot showers & opened our closets to choose from 100 different outfits & pairs of shoes. We may have kissed someone good morning, or wished someone a great day. Or we will be doing so shortly when we arrive to work after traveling in our heated, cozy cars.
For me, the good life is all about the little things. I used to simply embrace this way of thinking when I was feeling inspired or extra grateful, but then I would get caught up in thoughts of careers, money, what other people were doing, what I should be doing, & forget all about it. It took much effort, thought, reflection, & a good ol’ heart to heart at the beginning of this year to permanently adopt & truly believe that the littlest things are the most amazing & abundant parts of life.
As for me, the good life is actually the AMAZING life because good just doesn’t cut it .. some immediate thoughts come to mind..
- Giving love
- Being loved
- Making someone smile
- Sharing laughter
- Hearing laughter
- Having arms to hug, having lips to kiss
- Connecting with others, no matter if we have lots in common or not
- Using my legs for long runs, short runs, & runs that I don’t even want to go on
- Dancing carelessly in the kitchen
- Singing loudly in the car
- Smelling fresh baked cookies in the oven, healthified or not 😉
- Feeling supported no matter what I choose & supporting others for whatever they choose
- Owning the independence to make my own choices
- Finding what makes me happy & repeatedly doing it
- Following my intentions
- Knowing I made someone else’s day, week, month, year better just by being me
- Celebrating life every day
Below is a video made by Jonathan Fields who started the “Good Life Project.” He asked, “what is the good life?” to 29 people & received a mind-blowing 29 completely different answers. Take 4 minutes of your day to sit back, hit play, & feel so inspired. Your Monday will thank you for it!
So, what does the good life mean to you? Whatever it means..
I’ll CHEERS to it!