Sure, we celebrate Love on Valentine’s Day but aren’t we also really celebrating chocolate? Let’s get real.
To prep for next weekend’s celebration, below are some (super easy) ideas to get that chocolate inspiration flowing!
But no need to put them on a Football plate for V-day 😉
- Before anything, take a 1/2 cup of peanut, almond, or nut butter of choice with 2 teaspoons of coconut oil over low heat in a saucepan (I was sharing with 6 people originally, so feel free to change portions depending on the amount of servings) Continue to stir every few minutes
- While that cooks down, cut up two apples of your choice into really thin slices – think tortilla chips
- Take half of the slices to the plate, creating the first layer of nachos
- By now, your nut butter should be smooth & melty & absolutely delicious. Spoon half of it sparingly over the first layer of nachos
- Sprinkle 1/8 cup of flaked unsweetened coconut (I like Bob’s Red Mill) along with 1/8 cup of your favorite chocolate chips
- Layer the second half of apple slices on top, creating the second layer of nachos & repeat steps 4 & 5
- THEN, tweet me pics & tell me how amazing it is!
I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream
Did you know that Hershey’s Magic Shell solidifies on top of ice cream because it’s made with coconut oil? Save yourself from those additives & processed ingredients by making your own! For sharing, take a 1/4 cup of chocolate chips & 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to the stove! Melt together & stir often because this won’t take long (you could also melt in 30 second increments in the good ol’ micro). Once fully melted, pour over your ice cream & watch it harden just like Magic Shell would! SO good.
Chocolate for Breakfast
Why wait until Valentine’s night to have dessert? Start in the morning!
Make your favorite protein pancake recipe, using chocolate protein powder instead of vanilla. I’m addicted to Sun Warrior Chocolate Warrior Blend! Add 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips to your batter & then once cooked, add 1 more tablespoon on top.. I’m drooling.
OR start your day with a green (but chocolate) protein smoothie!
In my Magic Bullet went –
- 1 cup Zico Chocolate Coconut Water + 1/2 cup water + 1 cup spinach = blend these first!!
- Add 1 scoop Chocolate Sun Warrior protein + 1 tablespoon cocoa powder + 2 tablespoons chia seeds + 4 ice cubes
- Blend until you no longer hear that ice bumpin’ around, pour in a fancy glass, & enjoy!
I fully encourage you to start recipe testing as soon as possible 😉 😉 you know, so the recipes will be perfect by next week? Or maybe because they’re all just too yummy to wait a whole 9 days for.
CHEERS to chocolate, my secret #1 Valentine!